RSS

John Madden calls it quits....... Damn you Brett Favre!

Jack Stephan Filed Under:


Former NFL Coach and commentator John Madden has decided to hang it up after over 30 years in the broadcast booth.

[espn.com] Madden, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and former Super Bowl-winning coach of the Oakland Raiders, has been a game analyst and TV personality since walking away from coaching.

"It's time. I'm 73 years old. My 50th wedding anniversary is this fall," Madden said. "I have two great sons and their families and my five grandchildren are at an age now when they know when I'm home and, more importantly, when I'm not."

"It's been such a great ride," he added. The NFL has been my life for more than 40 years, it has been my passion -- It still is. ... It's still fun and that's what it makes it hard and that's why it took me a few months to make a decision.

-------------------------------------------------

With Brett Favre gone and Tony Romo busy trying to defend Jessica's weight, it's very clear why Madden decided to step away from the game.


- young

| edit post

1 Response to "John Madden calls it quits....... Damn you Brett Favre!"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Legend NFL-retire!!!
    73-year-old John Madden is calling it quits.
    NBC said- he has decided to retire.See more here:John Madden-retire